Wednesday, February 25, 2009


I didn't test this morning. I didn't see a point to it. My temps dropped a bunch last night and unless there is another dip that is suppose to occur at 15dpo, I think it's time to call it and pronounce this cycle dead.

I would like to thank you all for the support lately. This has been hell, and I appreciate you all helping me through it.

Since I expect CD 1 to happen soon (today?) I need to decide whether or not I'm going to try to cycle next month.

Basically, I have a surgery consult on Monday to get my gallbladder out. Also, my RE will be doing a looksy. Something tells me that I should not cycle and have surgery at the same time since I can avoid it.

The unknown is still exactly when will I have this surgery... if it's not till April I could fit in a cycle (and then risk pregnancy with a crap GB to worry about). Most likely it will happen before the end of March unless my general surgeon and RE just can't get their schedules together.

The only thing that really makes me want to try to fit in another cycle is that this is my last chance for a 2009 baby. I don't know that it should matter that much to me, but it kinda does.

March off also sounds nice so that I can give my body a little recovery time from the clomid.

Also, I'm kinda pissed that this cycle didn't work. I know that my chances were probably only 25% at best, but I feel like due to the failure, I would really like to get a FRICKIN HSG and a FRICKIN IUI next cycle (plus I'll have had my lap by then) and then I will know that everything should of worked and if it doesn't I will know that I'm just not cut out for making babies.

So I think, unless someone has a convincing argument otherwise, I will be taking the next cycle off. I welcome opinions on this matter, especially if you think I have over looked something.


Shannon said...

I agree, I think taking the next month off is a really good idea. If you got pg before getting your gallbladder out, you'll spend the whole pregnancy worried about it and if it might hurt the baby. Good luck! I'm still hoping this turns out to be a miracle cycle for you!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry this month didn't work out. I really hope it surprises you somehow. I don't remember much about temping though...
I agree and think if you are having gallbladder issues and can have it removed before getting pregnant, and be able to get those other tests done while on your break, that would probably be the best choice. I've always skipped a cycle after a round of clomid, mostly because I was just driven so crazy by the previous cycle. This upcoming thing will be the first time I haven't skipped. I know it's really frustrating though and wish you the best!

amanda said...

I'm so sorry. Good luck deciding how to proceed.

Celia said...

One medical problem at a time, babydoll. Take the month off.

missing_one said...

*hugs* I was really hoping this cycle would work out for you.

I say, do what is going to help you stay sane. Whether that is trying again this cycle or whether it is taking it off. Whatever is going to make you the least crazy.

fx. that it happens soon hon!

Dianne said...

It sucks to have forced time outs! I had to take 3 months off while waiting for new insurance to kick in. I was so sad, but I really did enjoy the break from it all.

Just know that there isn't a wrong decision!

Hillary said...

Ugh, I am so sorry about this cycle. **hugs** I had a cycle very similar to yours where I thought I was pregnant and was living to take that next test to prove it. My was a BFN too. I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, I'm sorry about the temp drop and the disappointment.
Cycling and surgery together sound like big stresses. It sounds like your instinct to wait a cycle is a wise one. Waiting sucks, but if you can get the gallbladder out during this next cycle, that's one less thing you have to worry about.

I understand wanting a 2009 baby. I want that damn tax deduction! But then again, S pointed out that having a baby in 2010 would be pretty neat too, with 10 being an even number and easy to remember.

It's far to early to come to the conclusion that you aren't cut out for making babies! You have lots and lots of potential pills, IUIs, injections and other invasions to look forward to before coming to that conclusion! You ovulated this past cycle. That's great.

I hope your surgeon and the RE can work their schedules out and you can get the surgery over with soon. Can they do an HSG as the same time? Get that over with while you are out?

Darya said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out this month Amanda. (((HUGS))

I really think you need to take the month off. I'm sorry, but it's for the best.

Good Egg Hunting said...

I agree with birds -- you have miles to go before you sleep! I know it can sounds trite but try to concentrate on all you have in your court -- you're young, you have a surmountable problem and you've only tried the least invasive (and, unfortunately, the lowest odds of success) treatment so far. It sounds like you're leaning toward a month off to care for yourself first, which I think is very wise. I always find after breaks that I feel refreshed and ready to once again kick some infertility ass. I hope this works for you too (assuming this cycle did not work which we don't know for sure)!