Friday, March 13, 2009

Bored and Sore

Who knew you could type with an IV in your hand?

So, obviously, I'm ok. We brought the computer to keep DH entertained, but now I'm bored and sick of laying down. The worst pain I am having right now is from my back and I suspect the bed is to blame for that, so I decided to sit up in the recliner for a while and write a post.

I know you'll all be sorry to hear this, but my urine HCG test came back negative. Shocker.

Dr. C came in to meet me before the surgery and that instantly cheered me up since I was worried that I wouldn't get to talk to him. It sounded like form what he was saying that he WAS going to scrub in and do the looksy-lap himself. Still not sure what happened, but according to my husband, Dr. C came out and told him that everything looked fine and I had no signs of "endomitosis" (DH is so cute sometimes). And the good news, it appears that I may have ovulated! I want to hear it from Dr. C himself, but he went ahead and had me do a P4 today. I actually woke up this morning with a lot of pain on my left side about where my ovary is... so maybe it had just happened... I don't know anymore.

Also, I am bleeding a lot (you know, down there). I don't really know why... I think it's from something they put in my vagina to manipulate the uterus. I hope it's not my endometrium, because that would upset me now that they think I ovulated. For the meanwhile, I have a pad that could double as a pillow.

Dr. C said he would come up and talk to me today if we were still here by the time he was finished with his clinic stuff. If not, he said he would call me Monday or Tuesday.

I think I have 3 band-aids on my stomach... I haven't really looked yet. I'm still waiting for the surgeon to come and talk to me. She apparently told my husband that my gallbladder was sludge-y which means that it probably won't be long till I started forming stones. So, currently, I'm glad that I got it out.

I've had some liquids and been to the bathroom. Things are going ok right now, except for that stupid bed.

Thanks for all the well wishes the other day, they mean a lot to me!


Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are okay and that there is no sign of "endomitosis"! And you may have ovulated - without clomid - yay! Do you get to go home today? I hope your back starts feeling better. Those hospital beds are so uncomfortable.

My mom had emergency gallbladder surgery about a year ago. She ignored the pains she was having and when she finally got looked at, the damn thing was gangrenous and minutes from bursting and was the worst case her surgeon had ever seen. You did a good thing by having it taken out before it started causing more problems!

Hillary said...

I'm so happy to hear your well (but sore) and that everything went smoothly!!!

Celia said...

I am glad that sucker is out and you are feeling okay.

Michelle said...

I'm glad everything went well and very cool the RE was able to be there for it as well. And that's great news that you ovulated on your own! How long till you can go home?
Thanks for your response to my latest. It means a lot. In answer to your question, they recommended trying green tea to help with cm. And the pains have started to go away mostly, so I'm not sure what to think. It's going to be a long 10 days!
I hope your recovery goes well and that the bleeding stops soon.

Good Egg Hatched said...

I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you and no endo showed up. Hope our surgeries (mine in two weeks) are the precursor to better news for both of us!