Thursday, January 28, 2010

A convergence of needs...

to induce according to my MFM.

Fluid was lower today. 5.9

Last week it was 8.8 and I was concerned, but apparently 8 is just fine, low normal, but normal. 5 is the real concerning level. Or not having a "vertical pocket" of 2 cm, which I do. So at 5.9, if we weren't already scheduled to induce in the next couple of days he would probably of had me do that.

I'm a little worried about being so close to the cutoff again with ~3 days to go. I'm going to be very diligent/paranoid about movement until we get to the hospital because that's really all we have to go off of.

And a part of me is wondering if I still won't go just a little early. I've been having contractions since 3 this morning. They aren't completely consistent yet and seem to be less consistent when I stand up, but they are enough to keep me uncomfortable and wondering. Saturday night is a full moon if you believe that makes a difference.

Now it's recliner time.

7 comments:

Celia said...

Hmm, I wish they would just go ahead and admit you so you would not have to worry. I am thinking of you.

Kate said...

Good luck! Hope you go into labour on your own anyhow - those contractions sound promising!

missing_one said...

holding my breath until baby is in your arms!

Sophie A. said...

Sending positive thoughts your way! I have a feeling it might happen before they induce you :). Wishing you the best...

Good Egg Hunting said...

I am completely with you! Induction now scheduled for Sunday night over here. Really praying for something to happen before then. BTW, what medications will you be getting if you do induce? My doctor seems to prefer the miso for cervical ripening, followed by the pitocin. I have a traumatic history w/miso so I'm going to speak w/her tomorrow about using cervidil instead. Just curious what others are doing....

Michelle said...

The contractions sound promising! I hope you go on your own before Sunday. I'm thinking of you!

Good Egg Hunting said...

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely ask about that. Doctor said taking miso for m/c is totally different circumstance so she is not worried about bad time w/it before (and the bad time I had was not side effects from the drug per se, I do not think, but more just that the m/c did not fully resolve -- and this IS totally different). But (now that I made the error of Googling it) I just want to talk a bit more in depth with her about what the sees as the benefits/risks on both. Good luck to you as well, induction buddy! Comforting to know we're in the same boat....