I'm supposed to share 11 random facts about myself.
- I have a tattoo of a shamrock on my hip. Make of that what you will.
- I'm left handed, but my right hand is my dominate hand. I also automatically switch to my right hand when I write on chalk boards which confuses me and then sometimes I write backwards.
- Conan O'Brien was my first crush. I worshiped that man in middle school and high school. Then Andy left the show and it was never the same.
- My mom got a book from the library to explain how babies were made to my brother and I when I was (very) little. The book, although age appropriate, did not explain things very well and after that I thought simply sleeping in a bed with a boy would get you pregnant. After that I refused to sleep in the same bed as my brother on family trips. I'm also still not sure how chickens reproduce thanks to that book.
- I have been told by non-native English speakers that they 'like my voice'. I don't know what exactly the draw is, but I've gotten this compliment several times. I personally think I sound like a 'gay man' (take that how you will).
- I'm obsessed with removing the split ends from my hair. I will sit and search them out for hours and nip them off with my teeth if I don't have scissors (and I'm good at it). My hair splits a lot, I always have plenty to search for.
- I'm the messy one in my marriage. (But I'm way better at cleaning.)
- I've always wanted to run away.
- It really makes me angry that others have the power to make me feel so bad about myself.
- I'm pretty sure that I'd be happy as a "crazy cat lady".
- When I was little I used to daydream about being teenage professional mercenary. I was also Latina in these dreams.
And here are Jess' questions for me.
- What life event has had the most impact on you? and Why? This has got to be the birth of my son. Yes, a baby changes everything, but you never know how much until you have one. In the beginning I lost all of myself to taking care of Michael and that was very hard... to not even have the time or energy to think about something you want to think about. Slowly I have been reclaiming myself but with every bit of myself I take back I feel like I'm taking away from Michael. Sometimes I feel guilty about this and sometimes I don't. Then I feel guilty for not feeling guilty.
- What is one character flaw of your own that drives you nuts? I'm definitely a little self-absorbed. I forget to reciprocate with questions for the person that I'm talking to when they ask me about myself. I have to remind myself to ask questions back.
- Where and what would be your dream home? I spend a lot of time in my head these days planning my dream home on our land. I really enjoy fantasizing about it because it can still be anything at this time.
- Who is your "celebrity" crush? (it can be anyone, in any time period or profession) Hmmm.... well it was Conan O'Brien. I also have a thing for David Bowie (Watched Labyrinth lately? You should.) But lately, idunno... Jude Law? Brad Pitt? I feel like I'm forgetting someone.
- Where is your favorite city? That's a tough one. I'm not much of a city girl. I'll take country over city any day. How about Girona, Spain. It's beautiful and so is the countryside around it.
- What is a guilty pleasure of your's? (can be food, books, movies, whatever) Food, in shameful amounts. Usually chocolate or something made with cheese, or both, like these chocolate goat cheese truffles (although I have trouble making the balls, so I just make in a dish so that it looks like fudge).
- When do you go to bed? get up? I go to bed around 10:30 and get up when Michael does... which used to be 6 but is more like 6:45 now. Not bad.
- How many times a day do you check your email/reader/FB etc? I'm usually only a few feet from the computer most of the day, so I check my email every hour or more. Reader gets checked a couple times a day. I hate facebook and try not to get on there unless it emails me.
- Do you run hot or cold (temperature wise)? Since having Michael, I'm freezing or baking if the temperature is off by more than a degree.
- What is one thing you wish people knew about you? I like sharing and making new friends, but please excuse me if I'm kinda awkward at it.
- What is one thing you aspire to better in yourself? I want to let go of bad memories and grudges easier. I hate that my hate for others lies so close to the surface when the truth is that I shouldn't even let them get to me that badly.
So I'm going to tag:
And here are your questions:
- What makes you happy?
- What can you never get enough of?
- What's your favorite time of the day?
- What's your favorite time of the year?
- Is there a time in your life you wish you could live over?
- Something you have seen in the last 24 hours that is beautiful.
- Something you wish you did more of.
- Something that you do really well.
- Something you've made that you are proud of.
- You just won a free trip to anywhere in the world. Where do you go?
- What celebrity do you think you could be good friends with given the chance?
I hope everyone participates, but if you can't, maybe at least leave some random facts about yourself in the comments.